


Mark's sister Julie made us a delicious cheesecake wedding cake

So, on the way to our reception we had a little...well...kinda big accident. The reception was only a couple of miles away (they say accidents are most likely to happen close to home!) We were driving along and the next thing we know traffic had come to a dead stop, with not enough time for us to stop! And there you have it, a totaled car:( At least it wasn't our wedding day! The amazing thing about this all is that it actually turned out to be a HUGE blessing! Heavenly Father is always looking out for us! Because our car was totaled, the insurance company gave us $1600. We were in debt for the car, and this allowed us to be free and clear! We then set out searching for a new vehicle. We didn't think we could find one for under 2000, but we found a 1996 Honda Accord for sale. Mark offered him $1700 and was surprised when he told us that he'd planned on selling it for $1600 (so he felt bad taking more than what he originally planned on selling if for.) So...we got a new (well new for us:) car for the EXACT price that the insurance company gave us. We are now officially out of car debt, and didn't have to pay a penny out of pocket. I know Heavenly Father knew what we needed and allowed us to go through this experience so we could reap the blessings!:)


Yes, I am in my pajamas. I was planning on changing at the reception. People probably thought i was strange, hair all done up and in my PJs. At least my dress didn't get ruined!:)
Oh, your beautiful car! Sorry about the accident, but sounds like it was a blessing in disguise. :)
ReplyDeleteYAY!!!!!!!! You're blogging again! So, 1st I have a cd of pictures/package waiting to get out in the mail to you :-) It's been waiting for a while....I'll try to get it out this week. 2nd, Car accident!!! Ah! I'm so glad you are both ok and that everything worked out. I guess that was Heavenly Father's round about wedding reception gift. :-) Gotta love tender mercies. 3rd, congrats on the house! So excited for you guys!
ReplyDelete