Saturday, October 23, 2010

OUR NEW HOUSE!


We bought a house! As we were planning for our wedding we were also looking for houses. We found this little 1200 sq ft house with 3 bedrooms and 2 baths that was in foreclosure. It was another HUGE blessing from the Lord that we were able to get it! So many people were putting in offers because it was priced so much lower than it's value. We closed a couple of weeks after our wedding and moved in sometime in May. We love it! It shares a wall with one other house, but we have our own backyard, deck and front yard. The subdivision has 2 swimming pools, tennis courts and is calm and quiet. (mostly older people live there) We have been blessed with wondeful neighbors and a close location to work! The outside is an ugly, boring brown, but the inside is hardwood floors and vaulted ceilings, its so nice! And, thanks to my dad we got a whole house full of beautiful furniture! I haven't taken any pictures of the inside yet, but will post them when I take them!

Marks mom and brothers and sisters spent nearly every day for almost 3 weeks over at our new house painting, fixing and cleaning things for us while Mark and I were at work. Mark's dad would come over after work and help fix things up too. When we bought it the walls were an ugly purple. One room was peach with green stripes. Ug! Now every room in the house has a fresh coat of paint (thank you WalMart wedding gift card givers!) Mark, his dad, and brother Chris even tiled our kitchen for us. It looks amazing! We would love for any of you to come and visit us! Tennessee is a beautiful place to live and we are loving our new life together out here!

The Crew(except we're missing dad)
Julie, Kallie, Mark, Me, Chris, Jenni, Mom

3 comments:

  1. SO FUN!! I am so happy for you guys! I wish we could come out and visit soon. Brandon has never been farther east than Colorado, so a cross country trip is on our list with Tennessee being a major attraction. :) I don't think I have either of your email addresses, so send me an email at jenniphelps@gmail.com and then I can invite you to see my blog. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary last Saturday guys!!! I hope you had a great day. I can't believe its been a whole year! We love you both a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete